As of 1 July 2019 the Department of Justice and the Department of Family and Community Services is a single Department, the Department of Communities and Justice (the Department). Personal information held by the Department is handled in accordance with NSW privacy legislation. These obligations are outlined in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act), the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act), as well as specific Privacy Codes of Practice.
To learn more about how the Department complies with NSW privacy legislation, explore the links below:
You can direct questions about how we protect your Privacy to our Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com or calling 8346 1526. Our Privacy Officer works across the Department of Communities and Justice.
You can also read the guide to privacy laws in NSW on the Information and Privacy Commission website. You’ll find:
- a factsheet in a range of languages
- tips for protecting your personal information
- when and how you can see your information and ask that changes be made
- how to contact the Information and Privacy Commission
- how to make a complaint under the PPIP Act if you believe your privacy has been breached