Bushfire Housing Assistance
Assistance for Bushfire affected clients
Do you need assistance with:
- Emergency temporary accommodation
- Assistance with a private rental bond and advance rent costs
- Sourcing accommodation options from the private rental and short term housing sector
- Assistance with sourcing accommodation options in your local communities or in areas where you have family or local networks
Who do I contact?
You can contact several agencies for assistance:
- Service NSW: Bushfire Customer Care Service
- The Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444
- The Housing Contact Centre 1800 422 322
- Contact or visit your local Department of Communities and Justice Housing office Find a Housing Office
Need a Support Service now?
If you have access to a smart phone or computer, you can search for support services and agencies by using the Ask Izzy website. This is a free, anonymous web site, available 24/7 with information on health, financial, counselling, food and support assistance in your local area.
AskIzzy is free to use for Telstra customers even if you don’t have credit.
To access go to: https://askizzy.org.au/.
Tenants Union of NSW
The Tenants Union NSW has developed a disaster damage factsheet that provides useful information for those renting in the private rental market that may be affected by a natural disaster.
This and other resources about renting and the law is available on tenants.org.au.