This page provides links to useful resources, including general information about COVID-19, advice for delivering services and guides for keeping safe.
General information about COVID-19
Guide to recovery and sector support for COVID-19 management
You can find a range of information and helpful resources on the guide to recovery and sector support for COVID-19 management page.
Wellbeing and safety
- SafeWork NSW hub – A guide to help your business comply with its obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Safe Work Australia – Information on COVID-19 and work, health and safety.
- Information for small business owners – Tips and resources to help you manage your small business during the crisis and into the recovery phase.
Working with children and families
- Practice Guidance for Virtual Home Visits on the NGO Learning website
- Factsheet: Talking to children and families about COVID-19 (PDF , 241.7 KB)
- Factsheet: Supporting children and families through the restoration process (PDF , 312.7 KB)
- Factsheet: Restoration assessment and planning during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 283.1 KB)
- Factsheet: Support for parents and carers to respond to children’s needs (PDF , 263.2 KB)
- Factsheet: Keeping kids connected during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 219.4 KB)
- Factsheet: Responding to families or carers who advise that they have COVID-19 (PDF , 249.4 KB)
- Factsheet: Implementing the OOHC Health Pathway during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 288.5 KB)
- Factsheet: Supporting children’s learning during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 320.5 KB)
- Tip sheet: Family time during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 409.4 KB)
- Tip sheet: Case planning during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 277.1 KB)
- Tip sheet: Home visits during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 209.4 KB)
- Factsheet: Supporting young people turning 18 during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF , 578.8 KB)
- Application form and checklist: support for care leavers (PDF , 389.3 KB)
- Online mental health resources for professionals working with families – An easy access A-Z toolkit on child, teenage and parent mental health and wellbeing.
- Domestic and family violence eSafety – Online safety help for domestic and family violence workers.
- COVID-19 family guide – Information and tips to help parents and carers cope with COVID-19.
- Easy English booklet: Directions under the Public Health Act (NSW Health) – An Easy English booklet that explains when people can leave their homes under the COVID-19 public health orders.
- Resources to help reduce children's fears, confusion and worries - from the Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Watch Sesame Street's Elmo and Allan talk about big feelings, resilience and more. This is from the Sesame Street in Communities website -- an online community for sharing Sesame Street's free educational resources with the adults in children's lives.
- ‘Mental Note’ Psychological Specialist Services newsletter (PDF , 697.5 KB)
- Telepractice guides for working with families - from the Parenting Research Centre.
Working with seniors and people with disability
There is a range of resources for disability service and residential care providers on the NSW Health website.
- COVID-19 Community Sector Resource – Information for non-government service providers from the NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS). It contains useful information to help plan for business continuity, including:
- practical resources on the control and management of infectious diseases
- service continuity and essential homelessness services
- what DCJ is doing to support service providers.
- Justice Connect – Provides legal assistance and information for not-for–profit organisations. As part of the COVID-19 response, Justice Connect is providing legal help to affected community organisations and running a series of webinars on issues such as employment, contracts and annual general meetings.
DCJ has prepared a listing of food relief services (PDF , 272.9 KB) currently available in NSW.
Woolworths and Coles have provided the below to support vulnerable communities:
Free digital help for new parents
The NSW Government has funded free access to the SleepWellBaby app for NSW parents with newborns or children up to 12 months. New parents can access evidence-based parenting education and specialised telehealth services. Find out more on the Tresillian website.
Searching for support services
Infoxchange Service Seeker is a free directory of human services, open to anyone looking for support services nation-wide. It contains over 70,000 service listings in NSW including family support, child protection, child wellbeing, health, disability, aged care, welfare, community, education, legal, justice and housing. It also provides service listings for other sites such as Ask Izzy and Lifeline Service Finder.
Services specific to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities are highlighted with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags.
To find essential and other support services during COVID go to Service Seeker and Ask Izzy.
Web resources guide
We have prepared a web resources guide (PDF , 637.8 KB) including information from the Australian Government, academic publishers, and researchers.