The DCJ commenced on 1 July 2019.
The new NSW Government brought together the departments of FACS and Justice.
The DCJ is the lead agency in the new Stronger Communities Cluster.
The new department will enable services to better work together to support everyone's right to access justice and other help for families, and strengthen/bolster the promotion of early intervention and inclusion, with benefits for the whole community.
Learn more about:
- Building Stronger Communities
- the role of the former Department of Justice
- the role of the former Department of Family and Community Services
- the Department of Communities and Justice Research Strategy 2020-2022
- the Department of Communities and Justice Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2020 – 2024