Accessibility for Digital Communications Policy
How we’re meeting the global Website Accessibility Policy
This accessibility for digital communications policy commits the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) to existing legislated and other applicable standards.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the department’s digital communications:
- are accessible and inclusive of all users regardless of their ability and environment
- meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA standard
- comply with legislative requirements under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- comply with Government accessibility standards for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- align with the DCJ Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2020 - 2024, ensuring that people with disability are aware of, and can use information services and programs.
This policy provides a framework for ensuring that DCJ digital content is accessible.